Saturday, March 03, 2007

It's Saturday, and I'm still sick. Wonder what's on TV today? I'll check it out later. Elvis and Presley are really enjoying having their Mom home with them. They seem to sense that I'm sick. They look at me curiously when I blow my nose, which I'm doing a lot. Presley keeps trying to lick the Vick's off me. Euwww. They sure kept me warm Thursday night when I was having chills, though.

The following is a post I wrote yesterday on another blog:

I'm home sick today...the flu finally 'got' me! Been laying on the sofa, on and off all day, watching daytime TV. Elvis and Presley are right there with me, arguing over who gets the prime spot on my lap. I finally put them outside..after all, they're dogs, they need to be out in the sunshine, working on the the holes they've been digging!

TV got a little boring...I dozed off during Montel. It was about spoiled kids/teenagers. I love they way they dance around the fact that these little brats could use a good spanking. It seems the parents feel the need to give their children everything but discipline and boundaries. Just watch Nanny 911...the kids are running the show! The parents are wimps!

So, I thought I'd browse a few profiles, read a few blogs. People are so interesting and I love reading about them, but it amazes me how many adults can't spell. Get a dictionary, for heavens sake, people! I can accept the non-use of punctuation and capitalization. I don't have a problem with 'computer speak spelling', such as 'u r' for 'you are', but 'friend' is not spelled 'freand'!

OK, I've had a sinus headache for 5 days, so thanks for letting me vent. Just in case you're reading this, Mr. Wonderful, I really am a nice person!

I just hate being sick!

Lainey



4 comments:

TxGoodie said...

Sorry to hear you're down with the gak! It's that darn time of the year and the way the wind is blowing pollen and dust and such around we'll all be taking to our sick beds sooner or later!

I hear you on the spelling and raise you one more for those that don't use their Caps key! I'm thinking the "dumbing down of Americans" worked...

Jason said...

Eye hope U git betr sun. ;-)

Lainey said...

Jason, R U Bng a Smrt a**?

I'm bttr, thnx

clew said...

Hi Lainey! Just checking in with you - Hope you've been well! I'm trying to work blogging back into life (been overwhelmed) - I'll be back soon to catch up with you.

Blessings! xxxooo