Sunday, November 18, 2007

Oh Baby!


Introducing:
Jackson Benjamin Smith
Born: October 13, 2007
He weighed a mere 2 lbs 12 oz when he was born by C section, approximately two months before his due date. He weighed 4 lbs when he was released from the hospital on November 9.
While we rejoice and thank God for the miracle of this precious little soul, we are saddened by the passing yesterday of a sweet little girl named Tayler. She is the 11 year old daughter of one of my daughter's friends. She has suffered from Cystic Fibrosis all her life. Rest in peace, sweet child. You are now free to run in Heaven's playground...no oxygen tank needed!
We should all have the strength and determination of Jackson and Taylor.


4 comments:

She Loves to Quilt said...

What a beautiful Grandma! You look WAY too young to be a grandmother! He is so very precious. So very sorry about little Tayler.......I will be praying for God's grace and peace for their family.....so glad you are home!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad for you and your family. I know how much they wanted that boy...Both you and the little boy look great..

Lainey said...

thanks, anonymous....do I know you? sounds like you know me...

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh....he's so sweet! And I agree, you do look to young to be a granny! Thanks for sharing the pic with us! Have a great 2008!