Monday, August 18, 2008

The Bluebirds are Gone

Well, they've been gone for a month or so...I've just been too upset to write about it. I guess the little red house held too many sad memories after the death of their babies. Or maybe it was because red wasps kept building a nest inside...who knows? One day, it occurred to me that I hadn't seen them coming and going so I began to watch for them. I heard no sweet chirps outside my window, saw no early morning 'breakfast runs', no late afternoon feedings. I watched and waited for days but they never returned! It's not the same without them. I miss those beautiful blue creatures!

Once again, I've learned a lesson from the birds. They know when it's time to move so they just pack up and go! I've been in this house too long and have felt for quite a while that it was time to move on; to leave the shadow of old memories behind. But it's easier for the birds...they take wing to parts unknown, leaving no thought to the gory details. We humans have to worry about things like financial obligations and other trivia. Birds, like butterflies are so free!

I want to be a Bluebird, (or a Redbird?). Or maybe Mr B and I will stay in The Keys and I'll be a pink Flamingo! Wonder what kind of bird he'd like to be?

Here's to being free as a bird, y'all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Mr B would be a real nice red headed pecker wood