Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Booty Bag







This is my latest project...a cute purse made from old jeans. I got the recipe from Catie-Beth, #1 granddaughter. She and her sister Abby and I made them each one when I was visiting in July. I came home and found a pair of Old Navy jeans in my brothers stuff and started snipping and sewing. Catie-Beth found a pattern online and I'm sure there are many others out there as well. We used the basic instructions to make the bag, then used our imaginations to decorate and embellish. The girls' bags had purchased iron on appliques and buttons. My appliques are cut from floral fabric and applied with a heat transfer material. I love the bright orange lining. I added an inside pocket, made from the floral fabric...kind of brings it all together. The belt came with a pair of capris and I never wore it with them. Glad I saved it!
Everyone wants one! I'd have to charge 200.00 bucks a pop, I'm afraid. It's all hand sewn and glued with fabric glue for extra strength. I literally bled at times, trying to get a huge needle thru that tough denim! Between that and burning my fingers on the iron while transfering the appliques, my hands were sore.
It will be perfect to take to Key West next month. Mr B and I are counting the days!
Anyway, it was fun...but I'm done y'all!

1 comment:

She Loves to Quilt said...

Great job, my beautiful, multi-talented best friend!!!!