Friday, September 15, 2006

High Maintenance Women

Here's the question: Are guys intimidated by attractive women? I recently asked a gentleman acquaintance this question. He said, 'Yes, in most cases they are, because an attractive woman usually means 'high maintenance'...(which, of course means Big Bucks). I said facetiously, 'You get what you pay for'!

It is possible to look H.M. without being H.M. However, the reverse is also true!

This debate reminds me of a quote by Dolly Parton, ' It takes a lot of money to look this trashy'.

Or, to quote my Mama, 'You can't judge a book by its cover'. I had a hairdresser friend that used to say, 'You cant make chicken salad out of chicken s***'!

Aunt Era used to tell me that it doesn't matter how pretty you are on the out side, if you're not pretty on the inside.....She'd say, 'Pretty is as pretty does'.

As for me personally, I love to dress, love my jewelry, love my having my nails done, love pedicures and facials, love playing with my hair color..I love all that girly stuff, but that doesn't make me high maintenance because I don't ask or expect anyone to bankroll my personal indulgences. In fact, I call it 'creative marketing'. I am, after all, in the beauty business. I must constantly endeavor to perfect the art and science of looking high maintenance, while not breaking the bank. I love my job!

So guys, the next time you see an attractive woman, don't judge a book by its cover. But, FYI, if you happen to run into a gold digger, their motto is: 'If you wanna play, you gotta pay'! Hmmm, come to think of it, that doesn't sound like such a bad idea! Just kidding...maybe!

Excuse me while I go attempt to balance my checkbook. I need to see if I can afford to go to SteinMart tomorrow. It's the perfect place for girls like myself, who have Champagne taste on a beer budget!

Just doing a little creative marketing, ya'll

3 comments:

Jason said...

My wife has that talent to look high maitance when she really isn't.

I think another issue is guys with not-so-high self esteem. When they see an attractive woman theire first thought is she wouldn't give them the time of day.

Anonymous said...

zorekdI knew it.....You are jsut like the rest of us..."Doin' Yo' Thing!"

Anonymous said...

There is a unique perspective on High Maintenance Women that is conveyed in the book "American Epidemic: High Maintenance Women" and it's not done in a hateful way. The author even blames men for some of women's flaws.