Saturday, September 02, 2006

Goofin Off


I've been painting my entry hall all day. No, this is not what I look like right now. Let's just say that I look like I've been painting all day and leave it at that. A lovely Martha Stewart sage-y green. I'll take pictures when I'm done.

I like my hair color this week, so I took a few pictures so I wouldn't forget what to mix when I touch it up next time. I hate my nose! Oh well, I'm not going to bother getting it 'fixed', so I'll just live with it. If I were going to spend money on plastic surgery, I would have *the girls* whittled down and made to stand at attention. I still dream of wearing a hippie halter top. Anyway, back to the hair...I never can remember from one time to the next what I've done. I'm always experimenting..to see what I come up with. Better on me than my client, dontcha think?

I like to name all my hair colors after desserts, spices and other food. I did a tri color hilight/lowlight combo the other day...called it gumbo, you know, two shades of spicy red, and golden roux . My client is from Louisiana originally. That's why I called it gumbo. She liked it!
I do a choco-latte/french vanilla combo that is yummy. Then there's gingersnap and cinnamon.
Golden vanilla is pretty. Clients love it!

I love these sunglasses. I found them in Dallas when I was at a Hair Show. In the bottom picture I'm saying something goofy so I enhanced the picture when I edited it. That's not dirt on my lips, it's just the 'cartoon' effects on my editing program. My hair looks rather brassy too.
I don't do brassy...ever!

I'm pooped! Can't you tell from the content of this post...such randomness!

Think I'll go soak these weary bones in the garden tub and crash.

Night, ya'll

5 comments:

Jason said...

Throw up some signs with your hands. That would be funny. ;-)

Litzi said...

Hi Lainey,
The content of your post is great! I think we're all a bit scattered at times...it's only if we can't pick up the pieces every once in awhile that we find ourselves in trouble!

Lainey said...

Yuck, yuck, Jason, think I will.

Miss L, I'm pretty good at picking up the pieces and moving on.

Litzi said...

Hi Lainey,
Does this post have anything to do with your asking Madame Litzi if “leopards can change their spots”??

People who can’t get over things and dwell on the past or their unhappiness have an exceedingly hard time in this world…..and they try to make everyone they come into contact with miserable like they are.

Lainey said...

Miss L, I was being rather facetious when I asked that question. I know a leopard is always a leopard and his spots don't change, or to put it another way; 'You can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh**'. We say that in the Hair biz occasionally. :-)

I'm not one of those people! Do I sound or look miserable? LOL

I say, Build a bridge and get over it! I'm outta here...movin' on..adios amigo...See Ya, wouldn't wanna be ya!...