Wednesday, October 24, 2007

It's Done

Today was The Day. The divorce became final. I got up at 5:00 a.m. made coffee and took the pups outside. It was a dark, crisp , cool morning. As I looked to the west, there, shining through the trees was a big , beautiful moon, just minutes from slipping into the horizon. Stars were twinkling in the sky..the Big Dipper floated above my head. A bright planet shared the eastern sky with more stars. I thanked God for the beautiful, perfect weather. I had to drive into the city in rush hour traffic and I was thankful that it wasn't raining.

I left early and headed for the toll road. In spite of the heavy traffic I made it to The Family Law Center in plenty of time. I was to meet my attorney in the coffee shop and since I was 30 minutes early, I had another cup of coffee. I needed this time to wind down from the commute. I am so glad I don't have to drive that route every day!

To make a long story short, It took longer to get downtown and park than it did to stand in front of the judge! How quick and efficient, I thought. This appearance before a judge who looked to be my son's age was a mere formality. It's been over for a long time. A certain sadness lingered in the back of my mind, along with a sense of relief. I was home by 9:45...no traffic, everyone was at work!

The weather was warm and sunny. I opened the roof on my car and 'soaked up the sun', as Sheryl Crow would say. Had the oil changed, the tires checked....topped off the gas tank. Bought a new pair of shoes and a new sweater. Had lunch with my bff Lisa. Came home and took a nap with 'the boys'.
Made a big dish of angel hair pasta with Italian sausage, mushrooms and fresh basil to take to the salon tomorrow. The gals will love it! Went to dinner with another friend...had sushi and hot sake. Opened the roof on the way home and enjoyed the full moon and cool breeze.

What an eclectic, interesting day I had!

Life goes on, ya'll

1 comment:

She Loves to Quilt said...

I love being your "bff"!!!