Friday, October 12, 2007

Time Flies!

Hi ya'll, I'm still here! My daughter has been in the hospital for two months due to complications with her pregnancy. She is now almost 32 weeks along. The doctors want her to go at least to 33 or 34 weeks. Things continue to be fairly stable but an emergency C section could take place at any time if necessary. Between work and flying back and forth to Florida to check on her, there has been no time for blogging. I will be flying back on October 27 for baby Jackson's arrival. He will be pre-mature and will have to stay in the NICU for a while. This has been quite a harrowing experience for our family but we are thankful for this new addition and continue to trust God for His divine intervention and care.

Elvis, Presley and I now have a room mate. My 'little' brother is staying with me for a while. It's nice to have another human in the house. It kind of brings back memories of when he used to stay at my house when my kids were young. Even now, he and my son are like brothers. They are hunting and fishing buddies and worse yet, die hard sports fans. They talk on the phone constantly, discussing the latest stats on their favorite teams or planning their next hunting trip. Sometimes they sound like two old women gossiping! Just listening to their conversations, laced with their own special 'dialects' makes me laugh.

Yes, time does fly, indeed...my two 'babies' are all grown up, with families of their own. Life is full of ups and downs. We have weathered our share of storms but we have been blessed in many ways. We all look forward to the arrival of our newest family member. As we have witnessed the struggle he and his mommy have endured, we are reminded of how fragile life is. We know the One who gives life and we trust Him in all circumstances.

"Every life is a fairy tale, written by God's fingers" by Hans Christian Andersen















1 comment:

She Loves to Quilt said...

You are such a fine Mom and Sister and Friend!!!