Saturday, October 20, 2007

Shopping for Jackson

Baby Jackson is one week old today. He is such a cutie, so tiny and sweet. I can't wait to meet him. He will be in the NICU for a while because he was so premature but he is healthy and thriving.

I met my sister and niece at the mall this afternoon. We wanted to look for preemie clothes for Jackson. My niece is expecting a baby in December so she was looking for a few new things. The three of us had such fun! I love baby clothes! I bought Jackson two soft cotton sleepers and a tiny blue plush puppy with a rattle inside. Ah, the first of many outfits for my newest grand baby!

Now, I feel the need to rant, so here goes. Does this drive you nuts or is it just me? You go to pay for your purchase with cash (which I frequently do), the salesperson piles the change on top of a receipt that is at least a foot long and shoves it into your hand. Of course, there are always people behind you, waiting to check out. Now comes the dilemma. Do you take the time to put the receipt in the bag or neatly fold it before putting it in a safe place inside your purse or wallet....then put the loose change in it's designated place before sliding the paper bills into their cubbyhole. Do you lay the receipt on the counter, put your money away, then pick up the receipt and put it in the bag or your purse? OR do you hurriedly wad up and stuff the whole mess into your wallet or pocket, while being 'nudged' out of the way by fellow shoppers. Heaven help you if the receipt gets caught in the zipper of your change purse or the change escapes the wadded mess, scattering onto the counter or worse yet, the floor! About this time the sales person is looking at you like you're a total spaz and the waiting customers are growing a tad impatient. Try quickly picking up coins with fake nails! I just go for the quarters and forget about the lesser change. I'm so exasperated by this time I could care less about stray coinage! It would take much less time if the sales person would simply ask if I wanted the receipt in the bag as she/he is checking me out. As it is, they barely make eye contact during the transaction, much less provide any extra customer service..... that's another rant! By the way, the same thing happens at fast food joints. Who cares if you get a receipt for a hamburger and fries? Like your gonna return it the next day or something! Just toss the receipt and give me my food already! I'm trying to get out of the way of the hungry mob lined up behind me!

Other than that, I had a lovely afternoon with my gals, ya'll

1 comment:

She Loves to Quilt said...

Can't wait for you to put some pictures on your blog of that sweet baby!!!