Monday, February 25, 2008

Beautiful Sunday


The Boyz woke me up early! It was a slightly foggy, crisp, cool morning. The moon and a few planets managed to peek through the mist as dawn began to break. As I stood in the middle of the back yard listening to the birds and frogs harmonize, I thanked God once more for His creation and all His blessings.


I hadn't been to church in a few weeks so after I made my coffee and fed the pups I started getting ready. By the time I left the house the fog had lifted and the sun was shining brightly through a few random clouds. The message was simple but so very relevant for this day. It was about being thankful. How cool was that? I had already been thanking Him all morning!!


I had planned to spend the afternoon with my sister and her hubby. Their two grandsons were visiting for the weekend and I wanted to see them. By the time church was over, there wasn't a cloud in the sky. As I pulled out of the parking lot, I opened the roof of my car, turned up the music and headed for sis's house. Shortly after I arrived, favorite bro in law returned from a spin on his Harley. Well, he knows how I love to ride, so he didn't have to ask me twice to suit up! I threw my half eaten salad in the frige and away we went, headed straight for the toll road. It's close to the house and usually pretty wide open on Sunday. We rode north, all the way to The Woodlands, turned around and went back south towards downtown Houston, made another U-turn, headed toward Beltway 8 and home. It was a 50 mile ride and believe it or not, there is quite a bit of scenery along the toll road.


As we rode along, I couldn't help but think about my mom. She loved to ride, also. I imagined her on the back of a bike, with the sun on her face and wind in her hair...loving every minute of it! I was sure she was looking down from Heaven, getting a kick out of watching me and her beloved son in law tearing down the Hardy toll road on his beautiful orange bike. Yes, Mom was a church-going lady, but she knew how to let her hair down and have fun. More and more, I've come to realize, I truly am my mother's daughter. Thanks Mom, you taught me well!
Let's ride, ya'll!



3 comments:

She Loves to Quilt said...

You sooo rock!

Anonymous said...

You sound happy about getting to "ride" !! I hope that someone special that took you for a Valentine dinner made you just as happy..

Lainey said...

Yes, he did!
Lainey is very happy!!