Friday, February 10, 2006

I went to a fund raising event Thursday night held by a local boutique called Fancy Pants. There was a fashion show, silent auction and raffle, all to help raise funds for The Rose, a breast cancer screening and treatment clinic for economically disadvantaged women. The models were all cancer survivors. How inspiring it was to see these women and hear their stories. They were all so beautiful and positive, truly alive and vibrant! $20,000.00 was raised for The Rose! There were many more cancer survivors in the audience and a good time was had by all!

Other that attending this event, all I did was work and take care of Elvis. He knows when I put up the baby gate that I am about to leave for work. Smart pup!

The world of hair was fairly busy, but rather routine this week. I wasn't booked solid all week, but that was OK. I had a few hours to kill on Tuesday, so I went to Ross and looked around. I found a neat black bag with hot pink lining for $19.99. Like I needed another bag, but the price was right and I loved the hot pink lining! I could even put Elvis in it and carry him around, ( not!). On Wednesday after I got my nails done I went to Stein Mart. I was looking for a black skirt or pants to go with the top I wanted to wear to the Fancy pants affair. I tried on several things and nothing was working. Then I found a sale rack full of black pants and gauchos. I tried on a pair of the gauchos and thought they would go perfect with my black boots. Plus they were an extra 30% off the marked down price! Bingo!
I finished off my outfit with a black beaded necklace, earrings and bracelets.

The weather is cold and windy! It is supposed to freeze tonight and be windy and cold again tomorrow. Brrr, maybe we are going to get a little winter here in south Texas after all. I need to go put some of my plants on the back porch and cover them.

Peace, ya'll



No comments: