Saturday, February 25, 2006

What a Week!

This has been one busy week, ya'll. Between working late, being sick and taking care of Elvis, I have hardly had time to check my e- mail, much less post an entry to this blog. I'm still trying to get over a sinus infection. The crummy weather we have been having has not helped. It has been rainy, cold and damp all week. I have been staying in when I'm not working because I hate getting out in the rain. Talk about a bad hair day! Elvis hates walking around on the cold, wet ground, too. I'm trying to train him to use the puppy floor pads, but it's been hit or miss, so to speak!
Elvis starts his puppy training this Monday evening. We have already been practicing walking on a leash. He seems to be 'getting it. We still need to work on not biting. He gets all excited when we play and starts nipping with those sharp little teeth. I just hope he doesn't freak out when he sees the other dogs. Especially the big ones. There are several labs and a yorkie about his size in the class. What fun!
I have been watching some of the Olympics, but I'm not as into it as I usually am. Chad Hedrick, the speed skater is from Spring, so it has been interesting to see a local boy win all those medals. Some of the people who come into the salon know his family.
The ratings probably went down when Michelle Kwan decided to drop out. They were probably counting on the competition/rivalry between her and Sasha Cohen to add some excitement. Then when Sasha fell, the ratings went with her. I'm sorry for her, but she did seem a little full of herself.

So, that's about all that has been going on in my world. Kind of boring, I know. I am beginning to get cabin fever, though. I will be so glad when I get to feeling better. Come on Spring!

Think I'll go cleanse and exfoliate my face, then do a mask. We seasoned women have to take care of our skin so we won't look all wrinkly and sh**!
Funny how we do all that stuff to look younger, but the men don't notice anyway, because they are all still looking for/at 20-30 year olds.
Weird!

Men can just grow a beard to hide all their wrinkles, the lucky dogs!
Hairy old men, yikes!

Peace Ya'll

3 comments:

Jason said...

I think the winter olympics would be more interesting if they let the biathlon competitors shoot at each other as they skied downhill.

Lainey said...

You're such a cop!

Good point, though. I'll bet the ratings would go thru the roof

Lainey said...

Do you have hair growing out of your ears yet?

Are your eyebrows starting to look like Andy Rooney's?

If you answered yes to these ?'s, you're on your way to geezerhood!

I have to trim ear hairs and eyebrows, but I refuse to pluck stray nose hairs!