Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Random Acts of Living

I had a busy few days in The World of Hair after the Spring Tea last week, so I just came home and crashed every night after work. I did watch American Idol last Wednesday when Chris got the boot. Talk about a shock!

I had the most fun Mother's Day weekend. Since both of my kids live out of town, my sister's daughter had to work and our Mom is in heaven we decided to hang out together, doing what we love to do, which is shop and eat. After working a few hours Saturday morning I went to sis's house and we headed to the mall. We had lunch at Los Cucos Mexican Restaurant, then shopped till we dropped. I found a tiered print skirt and top at Foley's. Sis found an orange tailored jacket. As we made our way through the cosmetics department, it was crawling with prom girls having their make-up done. There were perfume reps all over the place giving out samples, gift baskets were lined up on the counters, all ready to be purchased and presented to some lucky mother. We were just passing through, so we made a bee-line for the exit into the mall. Dillard's was our next stop. We found Liz Claiborne earrings on sale and each bought a pair. It was time for a break, so went stopped at Starbuck's and had coffee and chocolate pound cake. From our table by the window, we had a perfect vantage point for people watching. After a stop into Kirkland's where I found a mirror and sis found a metal 'thingy' for the wall, we decided we had had enough retail therapy for one day and went back to her house where we both crashed and snoozed for a while.

Guess what we did Sunday? The same thing, only we went to Pappa's Seafood and had fried shrimp and oysters. They gave all the mom's a Pappa's coffee mug. We then went to the Woodland's to check out the Market Place, a new outdoor shopping venue. It was OK, but very 'high dollar'. The weather was getting stormy, so we decided to try and make it to Stein Mart before the bottom fell out. The sky to the north was black and lightening was flashing like crazy. I raced down the feeder road and into the parking lot, just barely parking the car before the first raindrops began to fall. With umbrellas in hand, we ran for the door. Outside the sky turned black and the wind began to blow as torrents of rain came down. The lights flashed a few times, but we never lost power, so we just kept on shopping. I found a white shirt with silver buttons and a pair of denim crop pants and sis bought an 'undergarment'. By the time we finished, the storm had blown over. Neither rain, nor wind nor flashing lightening could keep us from our appointed rounds to our favorite retail therapy places. What an adventure and a most memorable Mother's day my Sis and I had!


Monday I had my regular eye check-up and decided to try contacts again. I got the bi-focal progressive disposable lenses. At first they felt weird in my eyes, but I'm getting used to them. It is so nice not to have to bother with glasses. I mainly need them for working and close up, so I was constantly taking them on and off. Now, I'm free!

Ok, I watched Americal Idol last night. I'm afraid Elliot is going to be the next to go, but I hope it's Kat. Taylor was pretty hot, so he will be safe. The phone lines were overloaded, but I kept on until trying I got through. We'll see, later this evening what the results are.

I have a long 12 hour day tomorrow and a busy day Friday because I'm taking off Saturday to go to a Hair Show in Dallas with a friend of mine. We will be back late Monday, so I won't be posting for a few days. I'm sure I'll have a few good stories to tell when I return. When a bunch of hairdressers converge upon a city, there is bound to be something exciting happening. Of course, we do go to learn new things and see new products, but there is definately a 'party' atmosphere wherever we go. Woo Hoo!

My nails are done, my hair is colored and highlighted, I have some new duds, I have new contacts......

I'm ready to go to the Hair Show, ya'll



4 comments:

Litzi said...

Hi Lainey,
You had a Mother’s Day weekend fit for a Queen! The “shop ‘til you drop” concept is commendable. I hope you’re adjusting to your new contacts; it took me a while to get used to wearing them, but they’re much better than glasses.

Have a good time at the hair show in Dallas!

Attila the Mom said...

Hope you have a great time!

dadto3 said...

Hey Lady,
I found your blog through quilter girl. You'll have to check mine out. I have some pictures of Libby. Hope you have fun in Dallas. We will defintely miss you in the alto section. See you soon.

Lainey said...

Well, fancy meeting you here, dadto3!

I'll be back in my place soon.

I checked out your blog.
Thanks for stopping by mine.