Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Tea Time

I am hosting a table at the annual Spring Tea at church is next Tuesday evening and I have been in decorating mode for the last several weeks. Being a table hostess is nothing new to me. I enjoy coming up with a theme, color scheme and then co-ordinating all the various elements that make a beautiful tablescape. In fact, I have ladies clamoring to sit at my table because of my unique, elegant settings. The theme for my table this year is 'Precious Jewels', done in jewel tones, of course. For the centerpiece I am using a metal tray on a pedestal, on which I have placed a gold box filled with jewelry, colorful glass stones and loose faux jewels. Greenery will be incorporated under the tray, along with red glass votive cups and a collection of smaller jewel boxes filled with more glass stones and jewels. I found some beautiful beaded napkin rings in shades of red and copper at Target. They will look stunning with my copper glass chargers and beige sateen napkins. I have been busy sewing moss green table cloths and chair back covers. The over-all look will be sort of 'Old World', but elegant. It is customary to give each lady a small gift. I bought tiny gold drawstring bags and filled each one with a red heart shaped stone and some colorful faux jewels. I'll make a place card to co-ordinate with the bag of jewels.
Doesn't it sound lovely?

Work is picking back up since every one has recovered from income tax time. I'm booked solid for the next three days. I have two prom up-do's this Saturday.
What fun!!

My work and decorating projects keep me sane, in spite of the 'domestic issues'. I am determined to 'have a life', no matter what 'the man' does. I am still keeping my distance.....I ain't going near that fire any more!

It is what it is, ya'll

7 comments:

Litzi said...

hi lainey,

WOW! Your table for the annual Spring Tea at church sounds tres chic! As I read through your description of the decorations, I could vividly imagine something straight out of “Romantic Homes” magazine. I’m sure your table will be a big hit! Why don’t you take a few photos and share them with your readers? That’d be the next best thing to attending.

You’re excited about “prom-dos"? I’ve had the unfortunate luck of being in a salon when a few young ladies were having their hair done for a special occasion and the whole place was turned upside down with their over-exuberant antics. Good Luck!

Lainey said...

Good Morning, Miss Litzi,

Thank you for the positive affirmation!
I must check out 'Romantic Homes' magazine, it sounds divine.
I will be taking pictures to share.

I was being facetious about the prom do's! LOL
They're not my favorite thing to do. I am selective about how many I book and only do my clients girls. When I was in a larger salon we ran them thru like cattle! It was a zoo! I dealt with lots of 'stage mothers' living vicariously through their daughters, which added to the chaos. Ugh!

Litzi said...

Hi lainey,

Do check out “Romantic Homes” magazine; I’ve been subscribing to it for almost 6 years, and it’s become my “bible” for “cottage” decorating ideas.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who gets a bit fed-up with squealing young ladies getting primped up for the Prom. I’m usually pretty good at “tuning out” external noise, but not at the decibel level these girls talk at. But, I realize they’re young, excited and this all new to them. The “stage mothers” are another story. I’ve learned to make hair appointments when they’re not around.

Attila the Mom said...

I sure hope you take pictures of your table. Sounds fabulous! Jewel tones are my favorite, and I'd love to see it.

And woohoo on the bookings! Hoochie those girls up!

TxGoodie said...

Your "tea party" setup sounds lovely. I used to love playing dress-up and having tea parties and making mud pies when I was young. NOW my idea of decorating a table is to take the laundry basket off it before I eat! My fine china comes in a bundle from Sam's Club or Dixie. I'm hopeless about stuff like that, but I do admire those that keep the more genteel refined ways. I'm glad you're life is agreeing with you too.

Lainey said...

M D'er,
It's OK,
Glad you stopped by, though.

TXgoodie,
Dixie's OK. I sometimes use disposables myself. I used to make some mean mudpies, too!

I'm *maintainin'*, Life does go on

Litzi said...

hi lainey,

Good Luck with you Spring Tea tomorrow afternoon; I'm sure YOUR table will be the hit of the show! Please remember to take some pictures so you can share the event with all of us....