Monday, June 26, 2006

What Happens When I'm Bored



Since I have decided to stay in the house, I thought it was time to get back to decorating. I've been wanting to paint the guest bath, so I stopped by Lowe's after my nail appointment this morning and picked up this beautiful shade of garnet paint for one wall and a neutral taupe for the remaining walls. The towel bar was originally on the red wall where the picture now hangs. It was a cheapo, so I want to replace it with a new polished pewter one I saw at Lowe's. I'll hang it above the toilet.

I get nervous when I first start painting because it always looks so dark. This red really scared me but I got a semi gloss finish so it would have a little shine. Once it dried completely it looked perfect. The taupe looked dark also, but once again, it dried to a perfect shade. When I put all the pewter accessories back in, everything came together beautifully. I added a small lamp with a beaded fringe shade in the corner of the vanity to give an extra punch of illumination.

I love it, ya'll!

6 comments:

Dick said...

The bathroom looks good. Did you do all this just today?

Thanks for your visit to my blog & for taking time to leave a comment. You asked if Miatas are fun to drive. Yes, they are a lot of fun, especially when the weather is good & you can take the top down. About retirement. It is also good but more expensive than most people realize, at least if you want to live well. Start putting money away for your own retirement as soon as possible, even if it isn't a lot each year to start with. That money grows over the years so a few dollard put away at age 30 can be worth a lot more than quite a bit more put away when you are 50 or 60.

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hi Lainey, thanks for dropping by my blog ... it's nice to meet you. I've been very worried about Feathers, too ... wonder what's up. I sent her a card and a couple of goodies ages ago, and haven't heard from her, nor has she replied to any of my faxes. I hope she's OK.
Anyway, I loooooove your bathroom, it looks so classy, so elegant. I just love reds, they make a room look so warm and inviting. You did an amazing job, well done.
Take care, my new friend ... Meow

Attila the Mom said...

That's absolutely beautiful!

We have a bathroom that has--no kidding---peach mosaic tile on the counters. It's so butt ugly I hate going in there.

This weekend the entire backsplash fell over in a shower of tiles.

Yaaaayyyyy! Maybe the cheapo old man will let me redecorate now. ;-)

Lainey said...

dick,
I painted the bathroom in one day.
I work fast! LOL

I'm closer to retirement than you think, but started my family early....I am saving, but not enough. Those cute kids are my grand babies. My son is the big guy in the blue t-shirt....that's his boy with him.
Thanks for stopping by!


Meow,

Yes, I hope Feathers is OK. We may never know, though.
Glad you like my bathroom. It's amazing what color can do for a room. I do love the red wall!
Take care!

ATM,

Throw those peach tiles out asap!
Aren't you glad they fell off?
Time to re-decorate, I say.
Let me know if you need any help.

Later ya'll, Lainey

Jason said...

Whenever we move, let me know if you get bored. We may have some rooms that need painting over. ;-)

Lainey said...

Drib,
You're welcome to take a shower. Don't forget your Axe. LOL

Jason,
Painting is good therapy! I'll be glad to give you lessons. You can pretend you're slapping a bad guy around!