Friday, July 14, 2006

A Few Words Before I Go

What a week this has been. I must have cut, colored and highlighted a ton of hair this week. It never ceases to amaze me how busy I get right before vacation. I mean, most of my 'regulars' pre-book so they can get in before I go. So, I'm already busy, but then I get calls from people I haven't seen in ages, new referrals plus all the procrastinators who always call at the last minute ( mainly men!) They wake up one morning and suddenly realize they need a haircut, or their wife tells them they have a wedding or some social event to attend, which of course requires them to get the hairs trimmed out of their ears. (I don't do nose hairs!) I even have to wax a few uni-brows occasionally. It is soo funny the first time I rip that wax off from between their eyes! I know it hurts like the dickens, but heaven forbid that they let me see them wince in pain. I really do love my male type clients, though! Hey Mike, ( you know who you are) ever had anything waxed? How about you, Jason?

Well, friends, I must finish packing. I bought some of those Space Bags that you put your clothes in and suck all the air out with the Hoover. They are so neat! I'm taking my daughters' prom dress to her, she's getting all nostalgic, I guess. It's been a few years since she wore it, but I ain't sayin' how many. Anyway, I wanted to to be able to get away with just a carry-on bag, so I sucked that frock down flatter than a pancake! I figured I had room for her pink satin and lace formal, so I sucked it flat, too. What fun, ya'll! I can't wait to suck the life out of some pillows...oooh, do I sound sadistic?

But that will have to wait until I return, for I must go find my sparkly flip flops and beach wrap. Florida is beckoning me. My girls await my arrival, 'cause
Mema Texas made lots of moolah this week and we gonna shop 'til we drop!
And do lunch, and do hair, and go to the movies, the beach, have a slumber party, etc. etc. etc!

Back in a week or so!

Ciao for now, ya'll






2 comments:

Jason said...

I've never had anything waxed. It sounds too damn painful. Besides, you probably wouldn't like me as a client because I'm not the appointment type. I'm the walk in type. ;-)

She Loves to Quilt said...

Hurry home........I miss you when you are gone!!!!!