Monday, July 10, 2006

Vacation's All I Ever Wanted!

Just six more days ya'll! I'm going to Florida to play in the sun and sand with my girls.

As always, before I go away, I get extremely busy at work. Everyone wants to come in and get their cuts and color done before I get out of town. It's the same way when I return. I'm already booked solid the week I come home. That's ok, because I will be completely broke by then!

I haven't been posting very much lately because I have been pre-occupied with a family crisis concerning my 18 yr old niece. She has been staying with my son since Father's day when I took her, her mother (my sister) and her two younger sisters with me for a visit. Now, she doesn't want to go home. I won't go into the details, but we have all seen this coming for several years, so I wasn't surprised when things came to a head. To make a long story short, she is coming to stay with me. I will go get her when I come back from Florida. She's not rebellious, just misguided and confused. She has wanted to live with me for quite some time, but because of all my marriage issues, it hasn't been possible. Now that all my drama is about to be resolved, the time is right to reach out to her. It's a little scary, but at the same time, I know that it is the right thing to do. I hope that I can be the positive influence that she needs at this precarious time in her young life. Pray for me... It's been a while since I've had a teenager in the house!

Meanwhile, I'm ready for a Florida tan, ya'll

3 comments:

Jason said...

Oh you suck! Going to Florida!!! ;-)

Have a good time, but I want you dedicate at least one pina colada to me okay? ;-)

Lainey said...

MD'er,
I hope she will listen to me, but if she gives me a hard time, I'll call Jason!

Jason,
Sure thing, I'll think of you, keeping the mean streets of Houston safe, while I'm sippin' away.

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Have a great holiday in Florida. Don't get sunburnt !!
Take care, Meow