Friday, August 04, 2006

My New 'Roomie'



This lovely young lady is my niece. She recently moved in with me. She is also my assistant (slave) at the salon, sweeping hair, washing and folding towels, cleaning color bowls, 'ripping' foils, ( doesn't that sound like fun?) and anything else we need her to do. She has been a great help to me and the other stylists. We enjoy having her there and she loves hanging out with us.

My clients have also enjoyed getting to know her. She's quiet and a little shy, but we're working on her. Before long she'll be just like the rest of us goofy, air head hairdressers. Who knows....she may just decide to become a full fledged twister of hair one of these days. I became a hair dresser like my aunt before me. Wouldn't it be neat if my niece carried on the tradition? Of course, I want her to be what ever she chooses.... but ya never know!

And how about that hot haircolor she's sporting? It's a dark, rich red brown with copper highlights. Very tres chic!

She's been keeping me busy, showing me the ropes over at MySpace and teaching me the names and songs of all the current music artists, who is Gnarls Barkley??? But then, she has to listen to me nag her about school, going to bed at a decent hour so she can get up and go to work. Remember? She's my slave! Ya gotta love her! She's a keeper!!

Girls just wanna have fun, ya'll!

3 comments:

Jason said...

My wife has the same hair color. Maybe they use the same hair products. Just be careful with the myspace, lot of weirdos out there. Okay, weirdos of a different breed from me.

Attila the Mom said...

Sounds like you guys are having a great time!!

She Loves to Quilt said...

What a lovely girl! This is a special time in her life and she is so blessed to have you, Lainey! I remember how much I changed from the time I turned 18 until I was 25. My values, my priorites, my outlook and everything changed. You are a wonderful Aunt. I pray that you treasure every minute with her! Love you!