Friday, June 29, 2007

Waiting Patiently

Wow, this month seemed to fly by. It was a busy one for me. Between work and my kids visiting, I barely had any spare time. Of course, a few personal issues continued to lurk in the background. The hustle and bustle of everyone coming and going in a flurry of activity provided a temporary break from hassling with them. Elvis, Presley and I are just now getting settled back into our daily routine.

Thankfully, I continue to stay very busy in the world of hair. In fact, I've done nothing but work, come home and collapse lately. By the time I feed the dogs and myself, it's time to crash. I'm certainly not complaining though. I feel extremely blessed to have such a great business.

I recently started reading Beth Moore's new book. The title really caught my eye, so I immediately ordered it. It's called " Get Out of That Pit". I'm on chapter three and all I can say is WOW! I highly recommend it to any current, or even former *pit dweller*. We've all ' been there, done that' at one time or another. Ms Moore has written an inspirational how to manual, explaining how to extricate oneself from the miry muck of life that we all sometimes find ourselves stuck in.

This amazing woman of God does have a way with words. Everything she says is biblically grounded. She just has a gift for making it relevant and real.... so 'right now'. Additionally, as a native Texan-Houstonian, the girl talks like me, ya'll. She speaks perfect Texanese! The book is based on the following scripture:

I waited patiently for the Lord: he turned to me and heard my cry.

He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire;

he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.

He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.

Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.

Psalm 40:1-3

Amen to that, ya'll!

In fact, chapter three is calling me, so I'm gonna go read now.

G' night!

1 comment:

She Loves to Quilt said...

That sounds like a wonderful book! We all get like that sometimes........thanks for the encouraging words....Love ya! QGirl