Monday, January 09, 2006

BYE, BYE CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS

I started dismantling the Christmas decorations today. It's kind of like a right of passage, the taking down and putting away. It seems to symbolize the putting away of the old year while getting ready for the new year. As I carefully handle the delicate glass icicles and balls, I reminisce about the past year. I will have to say that 2005 wasn't one of my better years, but being the optimist that I am, surely 2006 will be better. At least we didn't get blown away during the hurricane (Rita). So many folks in east Texas and Louisiana were devastated, but most of the Greater Houston area was spared. On a more personal level, however, I do feel like 2006 will be a turning point. Time will tell.
Anyway, back to the un-decorating, I have stopped for the night. The rest will have to wait until my next day off. Hopefully, I will have it done by Valentine's day! Speaking of which, can you believe the stores already have their Valentine displays up? Talk about overkill! By the time the day finally gets here, we will be sick of it. I'm not doing Valentine's Day anyway, Stupid little cupid, stay away from me!! Love sucks!!
I am so busy this week in the world of hair! I'm booked solid tomorrow and will even work some on Wednesday. Thursday, Friday and Saturday are filling up fast, too. It's always this way when I take a vacation, but I don't mind. I actually like being busy and making lots of money!
I went to Wal-Mart today, which I hate to do. I needed some birdseed and other stuff, so I forced myself to go in. That place drives me crazy! You have to walk all over the friggin' place to find the items you need and end up buying all kinds of junk you didn't need or intend to buy. I ended up spending $100.00.
Well, I did buy a few groceries, but still...... it's a conspiracy!!
The man is still keeping his distance, or maybe I'm keeping my distance. We're kind of like two cats, circling and squaring off. Neither one wants to make the first move, because when that happens the fur will surely fly and somebody might get hurt! Or, he stays in his territory and I stay in mine and 'never the twain shall meet'. What a trip!

So, How's things in your world? Oh yeah, nobody reads this, so I might as well try and catch the wind!
Ciao, Ya'll


No comments: