Sunday, January 08, 2006

I came home after church and started reading the paper, and there it was on the back page.....A huge Foley's add with a 15% off coupon! Well, I was already in a 'mood' because I didn't have anything decent to wear to church earlier, so I thought I'd put that coupon to good use. Besides, the sun was shining, it was simply to gorgeous a day to stay in and dismantle Christmas decorations, sooooo...off I went...to the mall to experience a little retail therapy. I have been needing some new boots, so I headed straight for the shoe department. I love the new boot styles, especially the western ones. First I tried on a chunky brown pair with a neat buckle accent (on sale). Then I spotted a cute pointy toed pair in black suede with western cut out designs and silver studs on the sides ( on sale, as well). Tried them on and looooved them. What a dilemma...to find two pair of boots that both fit well and are on sale plus another 15 % off! Yep, I bought them both. I knew if I didn't that I would have 'buyers regret' later.
I saved so much on the boots that I thought I'd go look at clothes. I found a pair of brown knit gauchos and a camel colored sweater (on sale) that will go great with the brown boots. Then, on to the accessories where I found a cute little bronze leather purse and a brown belt with a silver buckle (on sale) . The 15 % off coupon can be re-used with each purchase of sale marked merchandise, so I save a bunch of dollars today!
Church was awesome this morning. I even went back for the evening service, something I rarely do. I needed to just 'worship' today and forget the cares of this world. I know that God will direct me in the way I need to go in making some major personal decisions if I just give it to Him. He has already told me to 'just be', to live each day in peace and joy, and trust Him to handle the gory details.

I'll start taking down the Christmas decorations tomorrow!

No comments: