Sunday, January 15, 2006

Wow! It's been a week since I've written to you, dear blog! Mainly because all I did was work five days in a row and come home every evening and vegetate. Lotsa hair cuttin' & colorin' = lotsa money, though, so it was worth it. Besides, what else am I going to do all day? Shop ? Clean house ? Put away Christmas decorations? Speaking of which I have been diligently working on all afternoon.
Anyway, back to the world of hair, I so love what I do! It was nice to see Georgia on Friday. She went and had her port inserted so she can start chemo this coming week. Her PET scan came back clean, so that was definitely a praise. She continues to be positive and upbeat.
My college girls have all gone back to school, freshly highlighted and trimmed. My teachers are back in their classrooms. Bless their hearts, I don't see how they do it. I mean, putting up with all the mess they have to deal with every day. I do hear some tales! Sounds like there are a lot of parents out there who don't have a clue, because their kids are totally out of control and they expect the teachers and administrators to teach the little creeps while refraining from any sort of discipline. I could go on, but I'm afraid any further comments would definitely be 'politically incorrect'!
Someday I MUST get started on my book.....'Tales from the World of Hair', or something! I know, I could call it 'Hairy Tales...a day in the life of your hairdresser'. I would have to 'change the names to protect the innocent, or not so innocent', in some cases. LOL!
My son called me today to invite me to a birthday party for his youngest boy. So, I'll be heading north on I-45 in a few weeks to the Dallas area. It will be nice to see him and his little family. I haven't seen them this since the summer. He and his wife have blessed me with three precious grand children.....two boys and a sweet little baby girl. Can't wait to play Memaw for a few days! My Ex and his wifey will be there with their two adopted little boys. That ought to make for a lively weekend! We get along OK, but he sure stares at me a lot. Wonder if she notices? Note to self: Wear new DKNY jeans, black western boots, black sweater and lots of silver jewelry. I think I need a new fragrance, too! Meow!!
I'm off on Monday's, but tomorrow is MLK Day, (no comment), so that probably means that the bank and post office will be closed. Won't be going downtown to the parade or participating in any of the festivities , though, so I guess I'll just stay home and get caught up with my laundry while I finish packing up Christmas. It's been kind of chilly, cloudy and windy today. Maybe it will rain tomorrow. I love to stay home when it rains and putter around the house. I call it 'having an ugly day', meaning no make-up, no bra, just sweats, a t-shirt and fluffly house shoes all day long. So, does anyone out there know what I'm talking about? What do you call it when you stay home and goof off/putter all day?
Think I'll go now, ya'll and read some blogs. Maybe even get brave and throw out a few comments!

No comments: