Thursday, January 05, 2006

I had so much fun in the Florida sun, ya'll! Even my flights there and back were smooth, with beautiful weather and calm skies. The first few days the girls and I got up early and went shopping at our favorite stores in Lakeland. On day one we went toTarget, Marshall's and the new Kohl's, then stopped at Starbuck's. Day two we headed for the mall and made the rounds there. Found some good bargains, too! I was suprised that there was anything left after Christmas. I found a great pair of DKNY jeans for 40% off at Macy's and some cheetah print flannel sheets at Kohl's for 50% off. The girls had fun spending their Christmas money at The Children's Place, Old Navy and Bath & Body Works.
We got up really early Friday morning and went to Disney World. We started out at Magic Kingdom with the Cinderellabration. Son-in-law ran into a friend who works at Disney and he arranged for us to have a private session with Cinderella, Fairy Godmother and all the princesses from other Disney films. They were all breathtakingly beautiful, but I especially loved meeting Fairy Godmother. The grand daughters were awestruck, to say the least. We took lots of pictures, so I'll share some as soon as I get them all downloaded and organized.
After all that excitement, we made our way to Space Mountain. It was a fun ride, but I did get a little queasy!
After lunch we checked out the Rockin' Roller Coaster at MGM. The line was really long, but daughter and one of the girls wanted to ride, so we stood in line for TWO hours. I figured since Space Mountain didn't do me in that I could stand this one....WRONG! Scared the heck out of me! I was in the last car by myself with the two girls in the car ahead of me, screaming my head off and getting jerked all over the place. All I can say is I'm glad they have a bathroom right out side the exit!! Oh yes, and the ride lasted for maybe 60 seconds!
I wasn't about to try the Tower of Terror after that, besides, I had ridden it last time we were there. We then went went to the Philharmagic 3-D movie, which was really cool, a preview of the Chronicles of Narnia and then on to The Fantasmic show which was utterly amazing.
I love it! Can't wait to go back!
We all slept in the next morning, but then had to get up and get ready for New Years Eve! We made velveeta cheese dip, spinach dip, hot dogs 'n chili, etc, etc. We played board games while we snacked and waited for midnight. Son in law made a bon fire down by the lake and popped fireworks.
Those kids go non stop all the time, but I love trying to keep up with them and getting in on the fun!
So,.....Time to get back to the world of hair tomorrow. I'm booked solid, but at least I have lots of 'new material' to share with my clients. They will love it when I tell them I met my Fairy Godmother in person!

No comments: