Monday, December 26, 2005

I am packing my bag, ya'll! My flight to Florida departs early tomorrow morning. I travel light, with just a carry on bag and backpack purse. I also check in online and print out my boarding pass, so I can just sail on through to the gate. I still like to arrive at the airport an hour or so before boarding time because it gives me time to unwind and 'psyche' myself up for the flight. Did I mention that I DON'T like to fly?? Even though I have made the flight to Tampa many times, I still get a little nervous. I like to people watch, too...I wonder where everyone's going. I wonder if some folks, mainly females, look in the mirror before they leave the house, especially the view from the rear? Meow, I'm getting catty now, so I'll just move on!
Well, the last of the Christmas 'mess' in my kitchen has been cleaned up and put away. I went over to my sister's after I finished and visited with her for a while. She was washing and putting away all her Christmas dishes, so I helped her dry and we had a nice chat while we worked. We always seem to want to spend a little extra time together when either of us is going on a trip.
I kind of 'spilled my guts' to her about my 'domestic predicament'. Of course, she already knows the story, but is always ready to listen when I need to vent or need another perspective. She and her husband, who is like a brother to me, are so supportive and encouraging to me. I know they will be there for me, no matter what. They are such a blessing to me! Thank you Lord, for my sweet sister.
I will be so busy while I am on vacation, as we are going to see Mickey and Minnie and whatever else we can think of. You know? Like shopping, eating out , shopping and eating out some more! I won't be posting while I'm gone, but I'm sure I will have plenty of exciting stuff to talk about when I return.
Happy New Year, Ya'll!

1 comment:

She Loves to Quilt said...

I always miss you when you are gone!!!