Sunday, December 25, 2005

Oh my goodness, ya'll, my pork roast and sausage/apple stuffing was delicious, if I do say so myself! Sister and nieces were equally impressed, also. After dessert, we opened gifts. They gave me a beautiful ceramic cross/tea light holder. The girls loved the things I gave them.
We all went to my other sister's house later for MORE dessert and gift exchanging. I do love being with my sisters and nieces, but there's always an empty spot since Mom is no longer with us, and of course, my daughter and her family rarely get to be here at the holidays. My daughter called while we were all sitting around the table and I held the phone out so everyone could tell her hello. She misses her family so much! Hopefully, she and the girls can come out this summer.
Well, I'm glad Christmas is over for another year. There were times when I didn't think I would make it through, but I just kept my mind on the 'reason for the season' and carried on with all the preparations. My decorations were all beautiful, the food was wonderful, the shopping was fun, performing in the Christmas pageant at church was fun, even working myself half to death in the world of hair was fun. But, even as I went through the motions, there was always this feeling of emptiness in the background, of something missing. It's funny how one can be surrounded by people and all the 'busyness' of the season, yet be so alone. It goes without saying that I miss my kids and their families being in town, especially for holidays and special occasions. However, I know what is 'missing' and I must face the cold, hard reality that it is gone, gone, gone, never to be found again! I truly believed that we could make it work....now my hope is fading fast. Lord, what am I to do? I can't let him destroy me!
Oh boy, did I get down in the dumps, or what? I will be joyful, I will be joyful, I will be joyful!
There, I feel a teenie bit better, now!
Merry Christmas, Ya'll

No comments: