Monday, December 05, 2005

What a busy weekend! Christmas pageant went very well. We played to a packed house Saturday and Sunday night...To 'rave' reviews, I might add. What a celebration of our Lord Jesus' birth! We will sing Christmas songs and carols every Sunday until Christmas, then have a Christmas eve candlelight service. What a beautiful time of year! I think I am finally in the mood! I choose to be joyful, no matter what!
The man is still keeping his distance, which works fine for me right now.
I spent most of the day finishing my Christmas tree and mantel. I made a new wreath for the front door, too. I still need to decorate the buffet in the dining area and maybe add a few festive touches in the bedrooms and bathrooms.
Baby sister and I made a menu for our Christmas day dinner. I wanted to do something different than turkey or ham, so here's the menu:
Pork roast
Sausage & apple stuffing
Sweet potato balls ( I didn't get around to making these for Thanksgiving )
Fresh green beans
Corn casserole
Assorted desserts
Now I need to find a good recipe for the stuffing as I have never made it before. Any suggestions? We always have 'regulation' cornbread dressing/stuffing.
Tomorrow is another day in the world of hair. I am booked solid all week! Everyone wants to get beautiful for the holiday festivities and parties. It will be this way for the next three weeks which is fine with me. I will be off for over a week when I go to Florida, so I need to make lot's of money while I can. I won't be back to work until January 6th, 2006. Wow, where has the time gone? I remember going to Fla for Y-2K. I wanted to be with my daughter just in case something weird happened.
The weather has finally turned cold here in south Texas, so that should help everyone get in the Christmas shopping mood, I suppose. The weather guys always start speculating about a possible white Christmas at the first cold snap. I think I just heard him say it might freeze tonight! My friend and I are still planning on going shopping this Wednesday to Harwin. It's going to be really cold..In the 30's! Brrrrr! I've already been wearing my gloves while driving. I don't think I could take the cold up north, or even Dallas for that matter! I would surely freeze to death!
Think I'll go work on the buffet decorations.
Christmas Cheer, Ya'll



No comments: