Thursday, December 08, 2005

What a busy day I had! I just love it, though! Everyone is in a festive mood because of Christmas, getting ready for parties, shopping and all the other activities pertaining to the holiday. And of course, they bring me gifts! One of my ladies brought me some chocolate truffles and fudge. Just yesterday someone brought Hershey's dark chocolate with almonds. My 'girls' know what I like! I also get lots of candles, bath and body products and extra cash, etc.
I am so blessed to have such a loyal, generous clientele. I make every effort to accommodate and take care of each and every one throughout the year. Many are long time friends, some are almost like family. Each one holds a special place in my heart. One of my dearest 'weekly' ladies was diagnosed with colon cancer last week. I knew she had not been feeling well and had undergone tests. I could tell when she walked in the door last Friday that it wasn't good news. When she told me, we hugged and cried. She will be in tomorrow morning, but will be having surgery the following week. Then they will get her on a course of treatment. I guess that means chemo, which usually means hair loss. I hate it!! She's the second one in the last six months to get cancer. I still miss seeing her every Thursday at 11:00. It seems weird to book someone else in her place. I wonder how she is doing or if she is still with us. She chose not to undergo chemo and moved back to Louisiana to be with her family. I'm sure they were affected by the hurricanes, but I have no way of knowing. All I can do is pray that they are OK.
Makes me realize how precious life is.
It was very cold this morning. I didn't see many birds...just a red tailed hawk and the little greenish bird that sits on the fence every morning waiting for a grasshopper to pounce upon. There was a light frost last night and it will be cold again tonight. All the bugs will freeze, too! I think I'll get some suet cakes and fresh seed to put out this weekend. I did see the American kestrel and blue birds recently, but they have been keeping a low profile since it got really cold. Yesterday morning I saw a neat looking little bird, so I went and looked him up in my book. It was a song sparrow. They are prettier than an ordinary house sparrow.
Birds are so cool to watch! They are truly some of God's most beautiful and intriguing creatures. I am continually amazed at His wonderful creation and the way He orchestrated nature. We should all be good stewards of this earthly environment He has given us. It makes me sad when I see the trees clear cut, just to develop more, more, more! Progress is good, I suppose, but why cut ALL the trees down! Oops, I'm starting to preach now, so I'll just stop before I get too riled up.
It's getting late and I have another long day tomorrow in the world of hair.
I'm gonna go get comfy and watch a little TV before I call it a night.

No comments: