Thursday, December 15, 2005

Texas weather is crazy! Today was an absolutely beautiful, sunny winter day. Not a cloud in the sky, after yesterdays' downpour.
When I went out to check my bird feeder early this morning, I looked to the west and saw a big, full moon setting just above the trees. I ran back in the house, grabbed my camera and took a few pictures of it as it went down. It looked awesome! I'll have to wait til tomorrow night to download them, 'cause I left my camera at work.
When I left work around 6:30, the moon was full and on the rise. Maybe I'll bundle up and go out on the back porch later and see if I can hear Mr. Owl. He may just be out on this clear, moon lit night. I haven't seen or heard from him in a while. I wonder if owl's migrate? I'll have to research my bird book and find out.
Yesterday was number one son's birthday. I called him early, but he was already in Dallas on the job. He has grown into a fine, young man. He works hard and takes good care of his family. I still pray that one day he will find a place in his life for the Lord. I try not to 'preach' to him about it, but every now and then I feel that I need to remind him of the importance and responsibility upon him, as a father, to teach his children about Jesus and the things of God...
Especially at this time of year, the Christmas season and celebration of Jesus birth.
I just talked to daughter in Florida. She has the sniffles, probably caught from her students! She was busy getting things ready for their Christmas party at school tomorrow. Granddaughter made a 'Happy Birthday Jesus' cake to take to her class party. I am so glad that they are in a Christian school, where their mommy teaches. I can hardly wait to see them!! I'm counting the days....I leave on Dec. 28th. I love, love, love being with MY GIRLS!
Time to get the jammies on and chill out.
MERRY CHRISTMAS, MERRY CHRISTMAS'
And to all a good night!

No comments: