Monday, December 19, 2005

Hey Ya'll, I'm finished with my Christmas shopping. Today was my last opportunity to get it done. But first, I had to get my nails done and wouldn't you just know, my girl was running almost 30 minutes behind?? Her first appointment was late, which made her late, etc,etc. Arghhh! Being in the 'beauty biz' meself, I know what a bummer it is when your first client of the day is late. It throws you off the entire day, or at least until you somehow manage to catch up, which usually means you get to skip eating or taking a potty break. Since I got off on this tangent, you know what else bums me out? When I get to the shop early, so I can fix my hair, start the towels, get the place ready for the day, check my voice mail, return calls, tinkle, etc, etc, etc...my first client beats me there, is sitting in the car waiting, follows me in and says, 'Oh, I know I'm early, go ahead and do your thing' then proceeds to follow me around talking to me. I know they love me so much they can't wait to see me, but I really need a few minutes to gather my thoughts and get ready for my day. The moral of this story? If you arrive earlier than your scheduled appointment time, please have a seat in the reception area, unless your stylist invites you to 'come on back'. You never know, she/he may be trying to recover from a stressful morning commute and probably needs a little time to calm down before attacking your hair!
Ok...Now where was I? Oh, I was all excited about getting an early start with my shopping, but it was almost 11:30 before I got to Sam's Club. I don't like to buy groceries at Sam's because of buying in bulk, but I was looking for a pork roast and a few other holiday goodies. I did find a nice hunk of pork and a beautiful cheesecake assortment, plus artichoke cheese dip, smoked salmon, chips and mixed nuts. The man likes to go to the grocery store, so he'll go Krogering tomorrow evening and get the rest of the things I need for Christmas dinner. I must say he has been extra nice lately. I still feel the need to keep my distance, though, because I know his MO.
I ran across an interesting blog today. It's called 'Look Who's Tattling Now'. Makes me wonder about my nieces being on the internet. I think they have blogs on Xanga and Myspace. Hope they don't get into any weird stuff. It's too bad that there are so many predators and perverts out there preying on our teenagers.
I saw a story about internet perverts on Dateline the other night. A lot of the guys they busted are professionals: ie, doctors, lawyers, rabbis, teachers. What sad, pathetic creeps!!

Well, I've ranted enough for one evening, so I'll go kick back and get ready for another day in the world of hair tomorrow. I'm 'slammed' ( booked solid). Can't wait to see what the day brings. I'll let you know if I hear anything exciting!
Ciao Ya'll!

No comments: