Sunday, December 11, 2005

I was so glad to see the sun when I went to the kitchen to make coffee this morning! I woke up later than usual...a little too late to go to church. I probably could have made it to the late service, but I must confess, I went to the mall instead. I still needed to buy a few more Christmas presents and my sister's birthday present. Foley's had their usual 15% off coupons in the paper, so off I went. I bought sweaters and gloves and a pretty Christmas pin.
My 'room mate' friend invited me to go to her grand daughter's dance recital this afternoon. I finished my shopping and met up with her. I enjoyed watching the girls perform, especially the little ones. They are so cute in their pink tutus!
I stopped by Stein Mart on the way home and found a beautiful Christmas tablecloth and some pretty gold coasters. I love Stein Mart, ya'll!
I hope it is sunny again tomorrow. I have to go to the grocery store. Yuck! It is such a chore, however it is a little more pleasant this time of year because all the holiday goodies are out.
We are having our salon Christmas party tomorrow night at Pappasito's. Just the five of us...no husbands or kids. We'll exchange gifts, eat, gossip about our clients and enjoy being 'lose' on the town. Yeah, like we're that wild! Three of the girls have young children and the resident youngster is single. My kids are grown, of course. I'm sure we'll all make it until about 9:00 pm, then call it a night. Besides, I have a long day on Tuesday. I'll wear my new black sweater with the faux fur collar and sparkly snowflake pin with my French Dressing jeans. Found the sweater at Kohl's (on sale, of course) Saturday on the way home from work. My black bangle sequin purse (found at Harwin last week) will be 'the icing'!
I need to wrap his up and go surf foodnetwork or cooks.com and find a recipe for sausage & apple stuffing.

I wonder if anyone reads these blogs? I enjoy reading a few now and then, but rarely comment on any. I'm still learning how to navigate the whole process, so I haven't figured out how to do links yet. Oh well, I enjoy journaling my thoughts even if no one else reads it.
Think I'll read a few before I look for recipes!
Later, Ya'll!

No comments: