Saturday, December 10, 2005

As I was getting ready for my 11:30 perm, I heard the loud bang of vehicles hitting each other. A guy in the reception area saw the accident as it happened. So we all ran to the window to see how bad it was. Yep, it was my lady! Poor thing was trying to make a left turn into the parking lot and was almost in when when a pick-up plowed into her right rear fender, spinning her around in the opposite direction. She's in her late 70's so we called the paramedics to come check her out. But guess who got there first? The wreckers! Those guys have their own radar, for sure. Poor little thing was pretty shaken up, but not hurt, thank God. Needless to say, she didn't feel like getting a perm. The cops came, the wreckers drivers flipped to see who got to tow the vehicles and we went on with our day.
The 'hot topic' these days seems to be over the controversy of replacing Christmas with 'holiday'. It IS Christmas that we celebrate on Dec. 25th isn't it? It's always been called Christmas because it Jesus Christ's birthday that we are celebrating. We don't celebrate 'winter' as in 'Winter Holidays' ( That's what the schools call it now). I know there are other religions and customs and that not everyone believes in Jesus Christ and that's OK with me. I would never try to change their traditions and customs, so why are they trying to force me, a Christian, to change mine ? We used to have Christmas parties at school, now we have to call them 'holiday' parties.
Christmas cards, Christmas shopping, Christmas cookies, Christmas candy, Christmas stockings, Christmas trees, Christmas lights, Christmas carols, Christmas decorations, Christmas wreaths, Christmas parties, Christmas eve candle light services, Christmas gifts, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas!!!!!!!
It's a Christian holiday, OK?? It's Christmas to me and I will wish everyone a Merry Christmas!
Ok, I feel better now, getting that off my chest!
I'm gonna go make some Christmas cookies.
PS I like Santa Claus, too, but he's not the reason we celebrate.

No comments: