Thursday, March 23, 2006

Crazy Weather & Stuff

Can you believe it's 36 degrees tonight? Last week I was turning on the A/C, now I'm cranking the heat back on! You know what they say about Houston weather..."If you don't like it, wait five minutes and it will change". I just hope it warms up by the weekend when the kids arrive. We are planning a day trip to Galveston sometime during the week. Warm weather would be nice.

Today I went to the plant place across the street from the shop and bought some herbs. I have a perfect location for an herb garden outside my kitchen windows. I found Italian oregano, lemon balm, rosemary, sweet basil, spearmint, peppermint and chives. I didn't get any parsley because it looked a little puny. I also like dill, but couldn't find any. I'll try to grow some from seed. I like to slice small pickling cucumbers and fresh tomatoes, add chopped dill, vinegar, salt and pepper and a little sugar. Let it all marinate at least an hour and served chilled. Yum! It will be so nice to have my own little bed of fresh herbs to cook with!

I haven't written about the world of hair lately...every one has been fairly easy to deal with...no weird stuff has happened to any one. Since I have had Elvis every one seems to want to talk about him and/or their own dog. I didn't realize so many people have dogs. Mini dachshund are very popular dogs apparently because I have heard lots of wiener dog stories. They are fun little dogs. I got in from work rather late tonight and Elvis was so glad to see me that he peed all over the floor! How cute!

I do stay busy at the salon, though. I had a new client come in on Tuesday for highlights. I didn't want to stay that late, but I just can't stand to turn down a new person. She was very happy with her new look and I got home just in time for American Idol!

Poor little Kevin Covais is history. I knew he was going to get the ax this week. I like Bucky, but I fear he will be the next one to bite the dust. Him or Lisa Tucker. And what about Kelly Pickler...Simon's naughty little 'minx'? Hmm?

Ya'll remember to keep Mike in your thoughts and prayers. His Mom is having some complications due to ongoing health problems.

Well, it's time to call it a night. I have another busy day in the world of hair tomorrow.

Later, ya'll


1 comment:

Thriftin' Gal @ Junk In My Trunk said...

The weather is crazy here too, it is Spring and it was snowing all night - sheesh, enough already LOL

The herb garden sound lovely! We grew a few last year but mostly just vegetables. I think we had chives and parsley, and cilantro. What do you do with lemon balm?

I like hearing about your world of hair - I don't know if I told you but my hubby was a hairdresser for 20 years. He left the business after his back injury, but I think he was getting tired of it anyway. He aways had some good hair stories too *giggle*

I do see a lot of doxies around, they must be popular now, like the chihuahahs (sp?) They are cute, and once in a while I will see one of the long haired ones too, they are so adorable.

Have a great weekend!