Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Drama Continues

I spoke too soon, they came over after all. Son, DIL and kids, I mean. I was pleasantly surprised. I immediately gave J his birthday card containing $, apologized profusely, gave him a big kiss and hug and took pictures. After visiting a while, we went to lunch at La Cabana Mexican Restaurant. It was nice to see both my kids and their families together in one place. At the same time, it was kind of bittersweet, wondering how long it would be before we would all be together again. As we were waiting for our food my daughter 'teared up' when we talked about it. What a difference ten years can make! How did we end up this way? Once again, it's called 'life'!
We came back to my house and tried to teach the children how to play Yahtzee, then they all had to get ready to go back to their dad's and have family portraits made. The house is a wreck, but I don't care. It means that they are here, even if for just a short while. I want to savor every moment with them. I don't want to waste precious time dwelling on forgotten birthdays. My babies know that I love them and that's all that matters.
I am puppy sitting with Elvis' brother, Marty, my son's puppy. The two pups have been playing non-stop all day. I'd better go referee!

Later, Ya'll!

1 comment:

Thriftin' Gal @ Junk In My Trunk said...

I am so happy that the day was so much fun for you and your family - and Mexican food too - yummmmmy!

Maybe the next family visit will come a lot sooner, I hope so. Family is so important to have. :)