Saturday, March 25, 2006

I've decided to keep this blog name for now. I just haven't been inspired or creative enough to come up with another one, but I'm sure one day, or one night in my sleep, one will just pop into my mind. I'm sure that it will be so clever and appropriate that I will wonder why I didn't think of it sooner!

I am sitting at this computer at 4:00am Saturday morning! I was awakened by sirens about an hour ago and I can't get back to sleep. I will be dragging by the time I get off work this afternooon. I know I booked myself too tight and will probably run behind all day. Oh well, they will just have to take a number and wait! I hope Loretta brings a new crossword puzzle book with her, cuz she will need it. I have my clients spoiled anyway because I usually keep on schedule. I know hairdressers are notorious for keeping people waiting, but not me. It makes me crazy to have clients sitting and staring at their watches, waiting like nervous cats! However, today I don't care! I've had a slow week and I need to make some cash since I will be off all next week.

I will pick up daughter and her family at the airport bright and early Monday morning, then we will be off to a fun filled week! They will spend the first few days with her dad and his wife. My son and his family are coming in from big-D so all the cousins should have a good time getting re-acquainted. On Wednesday we are planning to go to Galveston for a few days. I haven't been there in years, because I always go to the beach with the kids when I'm in Florida. We are staying at a friends beach house, but probably won't go near the water because it's still too cold. We want to check out the new Schlitterbahn water park or Moody Gardens. There are a lot more restaurants along the seawall, too. Then, there's always The Strand for shopping and eating. I'm also planning a family get together next Saturday at my house. I even invited the ex and his wife and two little boys. It can be awkward sometimes because of underlying issues, but the most important thing is that my kids get to see everyone and spend time with all their family as much as possible in the short time that they are here.
Hope the weather co- operates!

I probably won't be blogging a whole lot next week either. In fact, I won't be able to get to the computer because all their stuff will be piled up in this bedroom!

I got the herbs planted yesterday after I got home from work. I made a new wreath for the front door, got plenty of food and Blue Bell ice cream...I'm ready for the crowd! Elvis won't know what to think when he sees the girls! I'm sure they will love him and he will be happy to have all that attention!

It's now 4:30 am. I think I'll take nap before I have to get up and get ready another fun day in the world of hair. Yeah right! I'm just gonna put myself on auto-pilot and go for it!

Have a nice week, ya'll

No comments: