Sunday, April 23, 2006

A Good Day!

I'm still OK, ya'll. After all the drama last week, things have settled down a bit. Now, I must 'stick to my guns' and take the next step. Even though this is want I want to happen and what needs to happen, it will not be with out a certain amount of pain. I must stay focused and strong. I have come too far to weaken and risk being sucked back in. Meeting with my pastor last week gave me encouragement and insight. I will heed his advice and do what I need to do.
I am so blessed to have my church family and friends to draw strength from and to pray for me. I even have a few blogging friends who have shown their concern for me, offering a listening ear and prayers...Thanks, ya'll. I will keep you all up-dated from time to time, but I won't allow this to completely consume my every thought. Like I said before, this is just one facet of my life that I need to deal with, but I won't let it define who I am.

Now, on to other stuff. Life goes on...I worked yesterday, but got off early because I had two cancellations. It was a beautiful sunny day, so I went straight to the car wash and had my car cleaned up, inside and out. Is it me, or does a clean car just seem to drive better? I opened the roof and cranked up the music! That shiny black 3 1/2 yr old 300M was lookin' good, ya'll!
I called my good friend S, to see if she wanted to go to Joe's Crab Shack and get some bar-b-qued crab legs. She turned me on to them a few years ago when I was staying with her (that's another story). She was game, so off we went. Yum!

I went to church this morning. It was great. The pastor was out of town, so his father-in-law filled in for him. It was a good message, one I've heard many times. It never hurts to be reminded of these basic truths that he expounded on, though. The praise and worship time was wonderful. A time of refresing and renewal for the soul, giving all my worries and cares to God. We all have our crosses to bear and only He can make our burden lighter.

I made lunch, then spent the afternoon puttering around the house. I planted some dill seeds and watered my herb garden. Elvis was right there with me, digging in the dirt and getting wet from the hose. He smelled like a nasty little dog, so I brought him in and gave him a bath in the garden tub. He freaked at first, but finally resigned himself to getting his ears cleaned out! I had just watched a few episodes of 'The Dog Whisperer', so I was in control! LOL!

'The Man' is still here, but keeping his distance. I'm OK with this arrangement for now, but it does make for a certain amount of tension. Arghhh!

Night, ya'll

1 comment:

Lainey said...

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

Attitude is everything!