Monday, April 17, 2006

History Repeats Itself

It's deja vu all over again... the same old song and dance. I've been down this road before, and once again, I don't like where it's heading, which is 'nowhere'. It's my life and I'm in the driver's seat, so I'm thinking it's time to make a U-turn before I run straight into the proverbial brickwall.
It's true, I chose to take this route again. I've even heard it said that "The road to hell is paved with good intentions", now I believe it!


Today, I layed my cards on the table . To quote Dr. Phil, "It is what it is". "You can't change what you don't acknowledge". Well, the dream is over, I'm no longer in denial. At least I can say I really did all I could. I took all I could. It's time to move on....

At times like this, I always seem to think of songs that speak of how I feel.

Here's a few that came to mind today:


  • 'It's Too Late' by Carole King
  • 'The Famous Final Scene' by Bob Seger
  • 'Get Over It' by Don Henley
  • 'Dirty Pool' by Stevie Ray Vaughn

I won't go into all the gory details of how it came to this. Suffice it to say that my Mama didn't raise no fool. Although, lately I have felt a little foolish for being sucked back in, I have recovered. I'm OVER it! If you can't play nice, I ain't gonna play with ya no more! Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Mr. Man!

So, now that I've cleared the air around here and mailed off my taxes, it's time to make a plan. I've done it once and I can do it again.

Here's to a new song, a new dance and definitely a smoother road!

I'm OK,ya'll!

3 comments:

TxGoodie said...

Probably not the greatest time to do this, but....

TAG, you're IT! For the details go to http://texasgoodies.blogspot.com and have fun!

Thriftin' Gal @ Junk In My Trunk said...

Lainey, I am sorry to hear that things are not going well, I will send prayers your way. If you need to talk, my email is on my page ((hugs to you))

Rose Eiesland Foster said...

Hey Lainey. Good to hear from you! I hear a lot of strength in this post, and I'm right there with ya. Time to fill youself up with YOU, you know? I'll play tag, too, what the heck?

Rose Nose