Monday, April 10, 2006

A Hairy Story

This is what happens when I try to be creative! One of my clients who is a blonde came in for her regular touch up last week. She's a level 8 (light blonde) with a lot of gray every where but the lower back, or nape area. I asked her if I could go two shades darker in the back, just to add dimension to her style. I mixed up a little dark blonde and applied it to the back. I thought it looked good and she agreed. Fast forward to this afternoon. She called me and said it looked like a Siamese cat back there and could I fix it when she comes in this Friday. I told her she would definitely be quoted in my book in the chapter on hair coloring faux pas. Her husband probably told her it looked weird! Reminds me of the time I colored a clients' hair the most beautiful shade of red, at her request, I might add. When she got home, her husband must have gone ballistic. He threatened to stop payment on the check if I didn't 'put it back' to her natural mousy brown. Seems he was afraid she was too attractive and some other man might notice her. What an insecure, controlling jerk!

My client who has been taking chemo still has a little hair left. She may have to get a hair piece before it's all over with. She wears her hair teased up in a sort of French twist bun. I hope it stops before she goes completely bald. She thinks I can work magic. I need more clients like her! Seriously, I rarely get complaints about my work, so I must be doing something right. If I do mess up, my clients are very forgiving and know that I will make it right. It's only hair, people, not rocket science!

I'm booked pretty solid all week because of Easter. I love it!

He is Risen, ya'll!

2 comments:

Speckledpup said...

hair magician!

I love it.

Lainey said...

M D'er,
Yep, it's a good thing. I just had to send Uncle Sam a check!

speckledpup,
A friend of mine once had a sign on her station that said:
"I'm beautician, not a magician!"
LOL