Tuesday, April 25, 2006

PS: A Toe Story

http://Texas Goodies brought up a good point in her comment about sanitation in nail salons. It is true that proper cleaning of equipment is very important. All kinds of funguses (fungi) and bacterial diseases can be transmitted from one patron to the next if precautions aren't taken. The pedicure spa tubs especially are a perfect breeding ground for all this yucky stuff. We've all heard stories of women getting severe infections because of poor sanitary practices. That's why The Texas State Board of Cosmetology has a very stringent set of rules and guidelines that must be followed. They also perform routine inspections on all hair and nail salons on a regular basis. Hefty fines can and will be levied if these rules are not followed. In fact, State Board doesn't care how we do hair or nails. We can stand people on their heads as long as we are clean about it. Hee Hee!

The women who came in yesterday did have legitimate concerns about the cleanliness of the spa tub, as do I. I frequent this salon on a regular basis and feel certain that it is being kept clean and sanitary. I have even seen the girls cleaning the spa tubs after finishing a service.

My 'gripe' was they way in which these two patrons came in and interrupted the calm aura in the salon and then continued to make their presence known by being demanding and loud the entire time they were there.

So, TXGoodie and all you other gals, go get them tosies done, 'cause it's sandal time once again. Why not live dangerously and get some little flowers or a palm tree painted on while your at it. Hopefully, you won't run into these two pit bulls or any of their militant sisters!

It's not what you say, it's how you say it. Or, like my mama used to say "You can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar."

How's your 'aura'? How's your 'energy'? I don't care who you are or where you come from, some people just seem to go around with a dark aura, emitting negative energy. That's what I'm talking about!

Peace, love and good energy, ya'll


2 comments:

TxGoodie said...

I had a nail fungus one time (that I think I got from a nail salon) and I went to the doctor and tried several Rx's and then heard about Vicks VapoRub and darn if that stuff didn't clear in all up within a week! It's amazing!

Now it's like that movie My Big Fat Greek Weeding where the daddy used Windex to "cure" everything, I grab the Vicks!

Lainey said...

That is amazing! I'll pass this tip on to my nail girl and clients.

I got a fungus once, too. I found another nail person! It's all about proper application and moisture getting trapped under the nail product.

State Board really did have to crack down on the nail salons to make sure they understood and were following the rules. They seem to have gotten the message because everyone has their own files etc in a little box.

I loved that movie!