Monday, November 21, 2005

The Empty Nest
Baby birds, when they're hatched
They're naked as can be
But, soon as the have feathers
And learn to flap their wings
Mama says, 'Now fly away'
Go find another tree
She never gives them one more thought
They're out there on their own
Her work is done when they take flight
She won't be waiting up all night
For someone to come home!
My babies, they have left the nest
They sprouted wings to fly
But I'm not like that mama bird
They're always on my mind
I wonder how they are
And pray that they're all fine
I'd just like to know, God
Why did they fly so far?
Sometimes I wish that I could be
More like that mama bird
I wouldn't have to worry
When I didn't hear a word
She puts them in your loving care
As they go and make their way
Help me be more like her
Father, this I pray
Written in 2004
Lainey

No comments: