Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I just returned from the funeral of my friend's husband. It was a beautiful tribute to a man who loved the Lord, and was a devoted family man. He was still relatively young, hadn't retired yet. Reminds me that we should be thankful for each and every day.
Didn't go to the cemetery because it is so windy and kind of chilly. We finally got our first 'cold front' here in southeast Texas. Woo Hoo! It's gonna get in the 30's tonight. I feel like I'm getting the sniffles, so I'm making a pot of chicken vegetable soup and contemplating life! Must pull myself together so I can cut, curl and color all day tomorrow. Being at the salon is my 'escape'. I love the interaction with my clients and 'the girls'. Sorry, we have no guys working there. We had two at one time, but they moved on. They were too 'high maintenance' anyway. Poor things didn't know how to fold towels or sweep either!
Think I'll go make some cornbread to go with the soup... Yum!
Bye for now, ya'll

No comments: