Friday, November 25, 2005

I woke up to a foggy, damp day. I thought about going shopping, just to see if I could find some bargains, but talked myself out of it when I looked outside. It seemed more like an 'inside day', so I spent the morning putting away Thanksgiving/Fall decorations, cleaning and dusting. The plump hen I bought earlier in the week was still in the 'frige waiting to be roasted...Now she's in the oven, getting all brown and crisp. I brought a bit of sister's cornbread dressing home, but it's not enough for a meal, so I'm making up my own version of rice dressing after reading several recipes. It'll go good with the roasted bird. Green beans will round out the meal, along with a little giblet gravy and some of that succulent cranberry sauce I made Wednesday night. You would think I was having a houseful for dinner! Oh well, we can nibble on it for several days. And, Oh yes, there's Pumpkin-Applebutter pie for dessert! Oh me, I can feel myself gaining weight already!
Now, I'm ready to start on Christmas! Speaking of which, the man just returned from storage with a truckload of decorations. I can see right now I'm going to work off a lot of the calories from that delicious meal when I dive into all those boxes. I hope most of it is still usable, since it has been moved from Texas to Florida and back in the last few years (but that's another story!)
Time for some college football, ya'll! Longhorns & Aggies are at it! Hook'em horns!

Here's a funny:
When I run Spellcheck, it wants to change ya'll to Yale, Aggies to anguish and hook'em to hokum. Isn't that a hoot?

No comments: