Sunday, November 20, 2005

I stayed home from church today. Still trying to shake 'the crud', as we say in Texas. I don't have time to be sick!! Thought if I just took the day off, I will make it through the next couple of weeks. Lot's going on this time of year. Fortunately, we are having Thanksgiving dinner at my sister's house, so I don't have to do the whole meal. I've been asked to make the cranberries and also want to try a new recipe I saw on Paula Deen's show...Pumpkin-Applebutter pie. Sounds yummy, huh? She topped it with whipped cream and crushed praline pecans. Ya'll check it out on Foodnetwork.com. That lady can cook!
Both my kids live out of town and can't make it home this year. Son lives in north Texas, but I think he's going hunting. Daughter lives out of state, but I'm taking off the day after Christmas to spend a week with them. Can't wait to shop with my girls! Sigh, sometimes I don't like the empty nest. I wrote a poem about it. I'll have to look it up and share.
Well, it's back to the couch now. Or is that NASCAR I hear? The man must be watching a race. So much for the couch! Oh well, he went and got me some medicine and hung my wrought iron pot rack above the island in the kitchen, guess I'll let him watch his race in peace. (Yeah, like I could stop him...the guy is rabid about NASCAR!)

No comments: